Realtor® -Coldwell Banker Advantage Fayetteville Honest, Professional, Dependable

Top News Updated every 12 hours


Yahoo News - Latest News & Headlines

This Is What A Serious Gun Violence Policy Would Look LikeA serious debate over gun policy is underway in the aftermath of last week’s massacre in Florida, and one focus is the federal background check system ― a system that has existed for 20 years but which, by almost all accounts, isn’t doing enough to deter would-be killers from buying firearms.


2/24/2018 7:01:13 AM

'How dare you': CNN's Camerota clashes with NRA's Loesch over her claim that media 'love' mass shootingsThe national spokeswoman for the National Rifle Association on Friday doubled down on her claim that members of the media “love” mass shootings, like last week’s school massacre in Parkland, Fla., because of the bump in television ratings that some networks experience.


2/23/2018 9:17:38 AM

Florida shooting survivor says we should call AR-15s ‘Marco Rubio’ because 'they are so easy to buy'A Florida high school student who survived last week's mass shooting took to social media on Friday to slam Senator Marco Rubio for accepting donations from the National Rifle Association (NRA).


2/23/2018 9:56:11 AM

Florida School's Armed Officer Did "Nothing" During ShootingTOP STORIES (Get this roundup directly in your inbox each weekday ― sign up for The Morning Email here.)


2/23/2018 6:29:55 AM

The Latest: Ban assault weapons, civil rights activist saysJACKSON, Miss. (AP) — The Latest on civil rights activists being honored in Mississippi (all times local):


2/23/2018 9:37:24 PM

This Las Vegas Airport Is Letting People Dump Their Marijuana Before FlyingCannabis is legal in Nevada but still banned by the U.S. government


2/22/2018 11:39:29 PM

Boko Haram girls were not freed in heroic mission after all, Nigerian officials admitNigerian officials have apologised after falsely claiming to have staged a dramatic rescue of a group of schoolgirls taken in a mass abduction by Boko Haram on Monday night. Officials in northern Yobe State had claimed on Wednesday to have rescued at least 50 of the girls, in what they described as a "gallant" mission by the Nigerian army. But late on Thursday night, they told families of the missing girls that there had in fact been no rescue at all, saying that the claims had been based on "unreliable" information from the security forces. "We have now established that the information we relied on to make the statement was not credible," said Yobi state spokesman Abdullahi Bego. "The Yobe State government apologises for that." The admission came amid claims from parents that four days after the initial kidnapping in the town of Dapchi, more than 100 girls remain unaccounted for.  At least five parents who were present fainted with the shock upon being told at an official briefing that their daughters were still missing after all. Boko Haram oppression in Nigeria, in pictures One parent, Kundiri Alhaji Bukar, told BBC Hausa language service: ''[The governor] said soldiers were dispatched but the military commander told him they could not locate the girls with the Boko Haram militants. He said no-one is really sure whether the girls were taken away by Boko Haram. But we on our part, we believe Boko Haram abducted the children." The backtracking by the Yobe state officials comes amid growing concerns about the government's handling of the incident. When reports of the attack on the school first surfaced earlier this week, officials initially claimed there had been no abductions at all, and that the missing girls had simply fled to surrounding villages. Critics have drawn comparisons with the government's handling of the notorious Chibok school abduction case in 2014, where officials likewise made a series of denials and contradictory statements before admitting that some 276 children had gone missing. As of Friday morning there was still no solid information on the number of girls believed to be missing. While some are thought to have been abducted, others may have fled to safety in surrounding villages and simply not yet contacted their parents. Mobile phone reception is limited in much of Nigeria's remote rural north. Sandals are strewn in the yard of the Government Girls Science and Technical College staff quarters in Dapchi, Nigeria, on February 22, 2018  Credit: AMINU ABUBAKAR/AFP/Getty Images On Wednesday, government officials told the Reuters news agency that around 50 girls were still missing. But one parent, Bashir Manzo, told the Associated Press news agency that parents had presented the state governor, Ibrahim Gaidam, with a list of 101 missing children at Thursday's official briefing. “[Mr Gaidam] told us the girls have not been found and we should continue to pray for their safe return,” another parent, Rabiu Sani, told the AP.   The flow of official misinformation over the case is likely anger President Muhamamdu Buhari, who was critical of his predecessor Goodluck Jonathan's handling of the Chibok case. Earlier this week, he despatched a team of ministers to the area in an attempt to demonstrate that he was responding quickly to the situation. “I share the anguish of all the parents and guardians of the girls that remain unaccounted for,” Mr Buhari tweeted on Wednesday evening. “I would like to assure them that we are doing all in our power to ensure the safe return of all the girls.”


2/23/2018 7:44:50 AM

Indicted Missouri governor resigns from post with GOP governors group(Reuters) - Missouri Governor Eric Greitens, under indictment for invasion of privacy in connection with the cover-up of an extramarital affair, has resigned from a leadership position with the Republican Governors Association, the organization said on Friday. Greitens will not attend the group's winter meeting currently under way in Washington, the association's executive director, Paul Bennecke, said in a statement. "Given his desire to focus his full attention on moving forward in Missouri, he also no longer intends to serve on the Executive Committee of the" Republican Governors Association, Bennecke said.


2/23/2018 3:42:03 PM

One of two men hired by man who planned his family's murder confesses to cops: Part 4As Bart Whitaker fled to Mexico under an alias, cops found evidence he may have planned his family's murder two years earlier.


2/23/2018 6:28:48 PM

As Ivanka visits South Korea, Trump targets the NorthPresident Trump announced that the U.S. was imposing a new round of sanctions taking aim at North Korea, the latest effort to tighten the economic vise in response to the Stalinist regime’s nuclear and ballistic missile programs. He announced the sanctions as Ivanka visited the Olympic Games in South Korea.


2/23/2018 10:47:47 AM
Home  |  Contact Me  |  Search MLS   |  Listing Notification  |  My Listings  |  Buying  |  Calculators  |  Selling   |  Home Evaluation  |  North Carolina  |  Top News  |  Coldwell Banker
 

Privacy Policy  |  Site Map  |  Profile  |  Sign In

Choose language: